Four-layer disposable masks for preventing smog
Ordinary four-layer disposable masks can't prevent smog at all, only ordinary dust.
When we choose anti-smog masks, we mainly consider the following points:
1. Airtightness. The quality of airtightness determines the anti-haze effect. Generally, masks can leak air from both sides, which greatly reduces the filtering effect.
2. Breathability. Wearing ordinary masks for a long time will give people a sense of stuffiness, breathing difficulties, and even hypoxia.
3. The hygiene and recycling rate of masks.
Anti-smog masks can effectively reduce the level of exposure to such particulate air pollution under the premise of correct wearing and effective close fitting. The specific choice of the brand and model of the anti-smog mask depends on the usage habits, suitability, and whether it is necessary to prevent peculiar smell at the same time.
Let's now talk about masks specifically designed for anti-smog:
1. N-type mask: It is one of the 9 anti-particulate masks certified by NIOSH (National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health). "N" means unsuitable for oily particles (the fume produced by cooking is oily particles, while the droplets produced by people talking or coughing are not oily); "95" means that under the testing conditions specified by the NIOSH standard, filter The efficiency reaches 95%. Not a specific product name. As long as the products meet the standards and pass the NIOSH review, they can be called "type masks."
2. Dust masks: Dust masks are divided into KN and KP according to their performance. KN is only suitable for filtering non-oily particles, and KP is suitable for filtering oily and non-oily particles. Mainly applicable to industries where oily and non-oily particulate matter pollutants such as dust, smoke, fog, etc., produced by non-ferrous metal processing, metallurgy, steel, coking, gas, organic chemicals, food processing, construction, decoration, petrochemical and asphalt, etc. . The filtration rate of non-oily particles with 0.185 microns as the reference value exceeds 90%.
Can four-layer disposable masks prevent viruses?
The four-layer disposable mask also has a good anti-virus effect. Although there is no special mask that is effective. But this kind of disposable mask can also isolate more than 50% of the virus. For the new type of coronavirus, whether it is a three-layer or four-layer mask, it has a good preventive effect. However, we must also consider the price problem, because it is a one-time day if we are outdoors and need to be replaced at least 3 times. You don’t need one if you go out often and occasionally wear it once, so you have to consider the price while considering the protective performance!